Saturday, February 5, 2011

Windows explorer crashes when starting Avi or just pointing the cursor over the Avi f - Club MyCE

Windows explorer crashes when starting Avi or just pointing the cursor over the Avi f - Club MyCE

bit late to the party - however. I was having the same problem with mpegs. Certain mpegs would crash explorer. To start with al I needed to do was open the folder that contained the files and windows explorer would crash.
You can get it to stop crashing as soon as you open the folder by turning off thumbnail cacheing.
To do this
______________________________
Open windows explorer on a freindly non-crashing folder and go to tools> folder options >view >check Do not cachethumbnails - [Apply to All Folders]
_______________________________

however I was left with another lesser problem. Everytime I clicked on the file windows explorer would crash. I was not playing or anything just highlighting with windows explorer. What solved this problem for me was unregistering media preview.


to do this
________________________________
Open the ‘Run’ dialog box from the start menu (Start->Run or press the Windows and r keys together):

No comments: